Providing outstanding customer service and quality parts since 1949, TMS has grown from a small foundry and machine shop into a diverse group of companies that ship products across the globe. Today TMS operates two machining facilities, an iron and steel foundry, a large fabrication and machine assembly plant, a network of four industrial supply locations, a guideline laser facility, a multimedia division, and a heavy industrial equipment build/repair group. Our ISO 9001:2008 certification distinguishes us as having the capacity to design, develop, produce, and deliver products that meet the ISO’s international standards, assuring our customers that quality expectations are met.
Many Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) are reducing suppliers and outsourcing manufactured components and assemblies to a few select vendors. Our manufacturing capabilities combined with our industrial supply network make our service unique, versatile, and broad. We have expanded our capabilities in order to become the complete one-stop source and to provide the value-added products that our customers demand.
Today, TMS employs over 250 people at 6 locations throughout the Southeast. We welcome the opportunity to show you how TMS can provide value-added products & services to improve your company’s bottom line. Please visit our facilities and let us demonstrate what TMS has to offer!
In 1950, Talladega Foundry & Machine Co., was experiencing financial difficulties. Annual sales were down 50% since 1943, when Mr. Hocutt, president, had originally purchased the company. In an attempt to rebuild sales, Mr. Hocutt offered Mr. James Heacock, an outside salesman for the company, an opportunity to purchase 50% ownership. Mr. Heacock accepted the offer and became Sales Manager. Not long thereafter, in 1958, Talladega Machinery & Supply Co. (TMS) was incorporated to become the sales organization for the group. Industrial Supplies were added to the existing product lines of machined parts and castings.
At the time, cotton was king! Many new industries began migrating to the south, including chemical, textile, wood products, farm machinery, & construction equipment. TMS utilized its versatility to solve manufacturing problems for these local businesses. The company soon gained a reputation for providing quick delivery on parts that typically took months to receive from the Original Equipment Manufacturer. TMS maintains that capability and focus today.
In 1978, Heacock & Hocutt split the partnership. Mr. Heacock took full ownership of TMS, including the machine shop and industrial supply divisions. To date, the company has expanded and diversified significantly. A greenfield foundry was started, Talladega Castings and Machine Co., a fabrication company acquired, Specialties Manufacturing; and the industrial supply business was expanded to 4 branch locations in 3 southeastern states. Today, the TMS group has grown into a full service contract manufacturer and diversified into heavy industrial equipment rebuilds.
View Fox 6 News video featuring TMS and it's founder